In this lesson, you will learn to introduce yourself and nationality. Listen to a conversation between a man and a woman. Pay attention to their name, their nationality and the countries that they talk about. Click on the sentence to hear the conversation sentence by sentence.
Brad Churchill, nice to meet you.
Sue Takahashi. Nice to meet you, too.
Your English is very good!
Thanks, but I’m from Canada.
Oh, I’m sorry. But Takahashi is a Japanese name.
Yes, my family is from Japan, but I’m Canadian.
Ah. Yes, my name’s Churchill, very English! But I’m Australian, from Sydney.
Oh, I know Sydney.
Really? Hey, let’s go and have a coffee.
Choose the correct answer.
1. Hello, I ______ Sarah.
2. Liz _____ English. She’s from the USA.
3. Is Alice a singer? Yes, ______
4. Are you from Saudi Arabia? No, I ______
5. They ______ in Paris on holiday.
6. ______ a good conference?
7. They’re from Portugal. They ______ from Brazil
8. Where ______ Tilla and James from?
9. Are you a teacher? Yes, I ______
10. Is it OK? Yes, it ______